Sunday, October 30, 2011

1) Preperation

Many years ago, during my freshman year in college, I had this friend named Brant.  Funny and "fabulous", he was the sort that always commented on people and their appearance.  And I laughed heartily, I was the proper fag-hag after all. One instance has stuck out in my head and is the inspiration for the title of this blog.

One day while sitting in the cafe, he decided that one of the girls he didn't particularly like was to be named Porkchop.  Why Porkchop?  Because she was fat and he could just imagine her ripping into a pork chop.  I laughed of course, because honestly I could see it myself.  But she wasn't that much bigger than I was and it bothered me.  It always has.  What made me different?  Honestly, not a lot.

And that has continued to this day.  I've tried to change, I've tried to start taking better care of myself.  I joined a gym back in May in hopes of slimming down for a wedding this past month (I did but gave up and ended up right back where I started at).  I'm hoping that that if I blog this time, try to keep better track of things (and maybe some cheerleading from friends) I may be able to beat the fact that I really dislike who I am.

The gym bag is packed and ready for tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers here...

No comments:

Post a Comment